- National Weather Service
Tulsa, Okla., Office
(918) 832-4116 or (918) 838-7838
North Little Rock, Ark., Office
Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department
(800) 245-1672 or (501) 618-8112 or (501) 569-2374
- Ozarks Electric Cooperative
- Southwestern Electric Power Co. (SWEPCO)
- Donald W. Reynolds Boys and Girls Club, 560 N. Rupple Road, Fayetteville (on standby for power outages only)
- John Powell Senior Center, 203 Park St., Springdale
- Salvation Army, 219 W. 15th St., Fayetteville
- Vandergriff Elementary School, 2975 E. Township St., Fayetteville (on standby for power outages only)
- Washington County Health Unit, 3270 Wimberly Drive, Fayetteville
- West Fork Community Center, 222 Webber St., West Fork
- Riordian Hall, Bella Vista (on standby for power outages only)
How to prepare:
- Make sure you have a cell phone car charger to stay connected if the power goes out.
- Stock up on batteries for radios, camp lights, flashlights, etc.
- Stock up on non-perishable food and a manual can opener.
- Buy bottled water.
- Don’t forget toiletries.
- When temperatures drop below freezing leave hot and cold water taps dripping.
- Have cash – ATMs and charge card readers don’t work when the power is out.
- Fill up your gas tank before the bad weather arrives.
- BE CAREFUL.
- Check http://emergency.uark.edu/ for updates on campus information.